Niki Blaker is a design strategist and founder of Five Sigma Studio. Her work is guided by an emphasis on cross-discipline collaboration and in-depth research that makes meaningful brand strategy and design experiences possible. Her work has received two ADDY awards and she was recognized as one of Phoenix’s Top 100 Creatives by the Phoenix New Times.
Niki currently serves as the AIGA President’s Council Chair. She is also the President Emeritus of AIGA Arizona and served as the chapter’s Membership Director, Communications Director, and Phoenix Design Week Director over her seven year course on the board.
Niki recently moved to Boston where she lives with her husband and tiny Pomeranian.
Oen Michael Hammonds, a designer, mentor and facilitator at IBM Design, has designed across the gamut—advertising, graphic, interactive and environmental. Oen's previous work with diverse clients in the consumer, business and technology industries demonstrate his ability to jump in and solve tough challenges. At IBM Design, Oen is the head of Bootcamp Programs where his team helps develop education programs and experiences for executives, software development teams and sales. In this role, Oen facilitates workshops that activate participants to effectively apply IBM Design Thinking to build iconic products with human centered experiences
Brian Singer is a San Francisco-based artist and designer who has received international attention for his provocative social projects such as TWIT Spotting (Texting while in Traffic) and The 1000 Journals Project. He has managed creative teams for Pinterest and Facebook, and prior to that ran his own studio working with companies such as Apple, Adidas, and Chronicle Books. Brian recently served on the national board of AIGA, the professional association for design. He is currently focusing on side projects: IG and someguy.is
Past Flux Judges
Flux winners are selected by a national panel of distingushed creatives. Notable past judges have included:
- Ashleigh Axios, Former Creative Director & Digital Strategist at The White House
- Rich Hollant, Principal, Lead Strategist and Design Director at Hartford’s CO:LAB
- Drew Davies, Founder and design director of Oxide Design Co.
- Jean Peterson, Founder Jean Peterson Design (JPD)
- Ellen Lupton, curator of contemporary design at Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution in New York City and director of the Graphic Design MFA program at MICA
- Craig Welsh, GoWelsh
- Jessica Hische, Jessica Hische Design + Illustration
- Jeffrey Everett, El Jefe Design
- Nolen Strals, Post Typography
- Bruce Willen, Post Typography
- John Foster, Bad People Good Things
- David Vogin, 314 Design